Interested in starting your own business? To add to the business insight provided by the Solutions Plus TV, below is a list of entrepreneur resources compiled by the Rothman Institute of Entrepreneurial Studies.
- General Business Links
- Entrepreneurship Education
- U.S. Government Information
- Venture Capital
- Company Research
- E-Business and E-Commerce
- http://www.melaleucaawards.com / -
- http://lifeoptions.org / -
- http://www.everydayhealth.com / -
- http://www.Melaleuca.info- A Successful Home Business that really works
- http://www.entreworld.org - A wealth of resources from the Kauffman Center.
- http://startup.wsj.com/- Wall Street Journal site with a wealth of information.
- http://www.entrepreneur.com - Good compilation of articles & assistance resources.
- http://home.americanexpress.com/ - A good resource for small businesses, particularly because of the selection of articles focusing on topics important to entrepreneurs.
- http://www.inc.com/home/- Comprehensive array of resources to assist entrepreneurs.
- http://www.prenhall.com/scarbzim/html/resource.html- Large selection of resources links.
- http://www.ideasiteforbusiness.com/- Hosts useful ideas for creative business people.
- http://www.en-parent.com/ - A community and career resource for parents looking to balance work and family on their own terms.
- http://entrepreneurs.about.com/cs/ht.htm - A collection of simple step-by-step instructions for all kinds of entrepreneurial challenges.
- http://www.morebusiness.com/- A community by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs.
- http://www.nyreport.com/- An educational site with NY metro area emphasis.
- http://www.kauffman.org/ - Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- http://www.celcee.edu/ - Materials on entrepreneurship education and various links to organizations dealing with entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship education.
- http://www.nfte.com - National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship – Nonprofit organization that introduces low-income and at-risk young people to the world of business and entrepreneurship.
- http://edwardlowe.org/indexa.htm - Edward Lowe Foundation resource site.
U.S. Government Information
- http://www.sbaonline.sba.gov/ - Small Business Administration – Tips on financing and info on SBA services.
- http://www.uspto.gov/- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – Information on patents.
- http://www.fedworld.gov/ - Fed World – Helps users gain better access to statistics and information compiled by the U.S. government.
- http://www.sec.gov/- SEC regulatory information
- http://www.garage.com- VC investment bank that provides private placement and advisory services for high technology companies and investors.
- http://www.findingmoney.com- General VC resource
- http://www.ventureone.com- Information on flows of funds and trends in venture financing.
- http://www.pwcglobal.com/ – PricewaterhouseCoopers Entrepreneur Resource Center – Designed assist entrepreneurs and measure venture capital investments.
- http://www.edgar-online.com- Edgar Online – SEC filings and regulatory information.
- http://www.fool.com- The Motley Fool
- http://www.marketguide.com- Market Guide
- http://www.businessweek.com/investor/- Business Week Online
E-Business and E-Commerce
- http://www.wilsonweb.com - Wilson Internet Web Marketing & E-Commerce Web’s largest source of key information about doing business on the Net – hundreds of articles, thousands of links to resources on e-commerce and Web marketing.
- http://www.webmonkey.com - Webmonkey – This site has been teaching people how to build websites of their own since 1996.
- http://www.internetnews.com- If it’s about selling online, it shows up here.
- http://www.searchenginewatch.com- A great resource for tips on how to promote a site and on how to effectively conduct online research.